** Affiliate Transparency: I am using affiliate links for this promotion/tutorial series. That means I get a small commission for referring you, at not extra cost to you. Which makes these tutorials still cost-effective projects to invest the time it takes me to put them together for everyone **
Download your free trial for Adobe Illustrator here.
Recommended minimum computer specs (just my experience):
- 16GB of RAM minimum. You will be frustrated pretty quickly with less.
- 6-Core Processor or higher.
- Decent graphics card. Doesn't have to be crazy. But something better than the default options.
- Processor: 3.6GHz 10-core 10th-generation Intel Core i9, with Turbo Boost 5.0GHz
- RAM: 64GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
- Graphics Card: Radeon Pro 5700 XT with 16GB of GDDR6 memory
- Hard Drive: 2TB SSD storage
Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 Creative Pen Display
Wacom Ergo Stand (I hate how much this costs, but it was a MUST for me)
2 External Hard Drives, Plus DropBox
- 4TB: One used for my Mac's "Time Machine" Backups
- 2TB: One used to backup my work files. Because I'm paranoid.
- DropBox to have a cloud back up everything in case of a fire, and to give me access to everything from all my devices. I use the PLUS plan which is 2TB for $9.99/mo.
- Multifunctional Office Desk Pad, Ultra Thin Waterproof PU Leather Mouse Pad, Dual Use Desk Writing Mat for Office/Home (35.4" x 17", Pink): I LOVE my huge desk mat. It protects my desk from spilled coffee and pencil scratches, but it basically gives me a giant mouse pad with no restrictions. This is the one I have, but I use the gray side.
- Astute Graphics Plugins: These are some amazing tools to add to your aresenal.
Leave a comment